Tuesday, December 5, 2006

New Kittens

We have two new kitties at our house. I went to the SPCA on Ray Appleton Day (a Wed) and chose two - a male and a female. I had to leave them there to have their surgeries, then brought them home the next Saturday. We named them Max and Chloe. Max is a3 mo. old orange tabby and Chloe is a 2 mo. old grey tabby. I could tell at the shelter that Max had a lot of personality, which is why I chose him. After we got him home and watched him in action, we started calling him Rambo - because he was so very "rambunctious". Chloe is a much quieter, dignified girl, but my mouth keeps wanting to say "Cleo".

Unfortunately, Chloe came home with an upper respiratory infection so I had to take them both back to the SPCA Vet on Monday. Now after 14 days of antibiotics they are both still sneezing, so I took them back in today. He gave me meds for another 14 days or so, and hopefully that will take care of it.

Right now they're being house cats, but as soon as they kick the sneezing they'll be introduced to the great outdoors. We think Rambo Max will be a great little mouser, and hope that Chloe will follow his lead. We haven't had a kitten around for a very long time. We're both enjoying them a lot!

No comments: