Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Christmas Greetings!

It is the Wed before Christmas and I just finished baking two batches of cookies. I made a variety of cookie mixes this year to give as gifts (you know, the ones with the ingredients layered in quart jars), so I decided it was time to actually try some out before I give them away. I tried the Raisin Crunch Cookie and the Chocolate Covered Raisin Cookie. Both are excellent! I'll be taking some to Fresno tomorrow where we're celebrating our Fry Christmas at Mom's in Clovis, in conjunction with a dinner for the housemates and families (board and care home). Peter and Noreen will be there with me and Katie. Richard will be driving and Forrest will be preaching. Ah, such is life.

On Saturday we'll gather with Dad and about half of the Hofers at Steve and Becky's for some German Mennonite food. (Our men will make it to that one!)

Katie and Forrest will be with us Sunday and Monday, so we're looking forward to that. Jim, Janelle and Ainsley will be celebrating at their home in Washington.

All that being said, I wish you a very warm Christmas as you gather together with family and/or friends, renewing your ties and celebrating the birth of our saviour, Jesus.

No comments: